16 September, 2009

I Do Not Like Women...!


I have somehow never been able to get along well with women and girls in my acquaintance. I find their company tiresome and painfully boring. Women are so different from men and I, frankly speaking, do not like the stuff they are largely made of.

Very few women in this world are capable of talking ( or even responding ) intelligently; The rest all talk shallow and have dangerously limited topics to talk about apart from their all time hot favourite of  in-laws, children and cooking. Their company is shockingly scarce in intelligence, humor and wisdom. They crack silly jokes that actually make me want to weep and then after cracking it, it is typical of them to laugh and expect you to laugh as if it were the best joke of the world. They discuss film stars as a first hand critic and often handle domestic affairs as a biker would an aeroplane.
Why has God given them such a great stamina for talking..; is it to let men have some peace ?

In my school days I wasn't a studious kid who keeps studying 48 hours a day and scores 20 out of 10 in every freak exam but I loved reading and had so many interesting things to do that I had simply no time for time pass friendships. In any case I could not pass time happily with any one below my mental level. It stayed this way even when I started doing a job. I was a teacher and preffered spending my time with lovely innocent 4 year olds rather than with fellow teachers who merely gossiped about the dress they wore and the jewellaries they had. (Excuse me, I was never accused of being haughty or vain, only a bit quiet and hard working. I was polite enough to let them do what they pleased and continued doing what pleased me, OK?)
Now I am married and the situation is somewhat tricky; you see, S is a very warm hearted and friendly man. He has lots of friends from childhood, college and office. Naturally we keep meeting them frequently. According to popular custom in India all the ladies stay together in a different group while all the gents stay together in their seperate group; they even dine seperately. So while S enjoys his time with his friend, I have to ecstaticaly enjoy the company of the wife.
Some of them are truely an ordeal for me...!
Most of them want me to join the 'kitty party' or go on shopping expeditions together. (How I hate this word..! I have never done this rotten stuff and never will do so as long as I am alive. I have discovered often these are just clever strategies for women to show off their status and talk shit in the most innocent and humble manner.) One of them wanted me to show her my lingerie collection and to tell her in detail all that happened on my first night ( she is perfectly decent and straight) while another has only one topic on her mind to discuss with me and that is sex; if I didn't discuss( and now I don't discuss) she used to become rather offended.
Some of them are even secretly hostile to me due to a another variety of reasons but they act as if they are my bestest friend in front of S and as soon as his back is turned you could litrally see them spitting venom ( honeyed of course !)

Suffering company of unwanted women is not restricted to friend's wives alone; it extends further to neighbours also. About a year ago, I used to live in a multi storey building where 15 - 20 Indians lived and were very friendly towards each other. Look, I have full respect, yes, full respect for close cummunity feeling, friendly visits and friendliness but it sort of crossed the limit of comfort for me when I started getting pack of 4-6 girls peeling at my door bell, or ringing and pinging me to accompney them to a fair, shopping or park or cooking together. As it is, the mandatory weekly get - together of all the Indian wives in the building was a total horror to me.
I finally escaped them whem we left that country. Some of them are still living there and sometimes I get a wicked feeling to reveal to them what I secretly thought about their Get Togetheres but I have restrained myself well enough.

Ah well, to each his own !
I understand full well they all have as much right of behaving and acting or believing as they do as I have of mine - none is wrong - it is just the the point of view and personal inclination, likes and dislikes that make something  appear wrong or right.